What we have seen so far.
3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3-10 NIV
I love how Jesus taught The Beatitudes, when I look at them through His eyes. I can see a beautiful walk of faith that Jesus laid out for all who believe in Him. So let’s do a quick review:
Our Walk In Faith Through God
- Vs 3: Poor in Spirit – Our spiritual poorness and being in need of a savior.
- Vs 4: Mourning – Asking forgiveness of our sins and confess to God our sins. Believe in Him through faith.
- Vs 5: Meek – Giving grace to the undeserving as we receive God’s grace though we are undeserving.
- Vs 6: Hunger and Thirst – Our spiritual growth in our relationship with God.
- Vs 7: Merciful – Living a life of compassion, helping those in need, helping those who can’t help themselves, loving with no regrets and keeping our eyes upon God.
- Vs 8: Pure in Heart – A heart that reflects our submission to God’s will and showing God’s love.
- Vs 9: Peacemaker – In having a pure heart, we also reflect He who reigns in our heart by living in peace.
- Vs 10: Persecuted because of Righteousness – Standing firm on our beliefs and on our faith in God.
We are called blessed because of God’s love for all who believe. His rewards outweigh anything we can even begin to imagine. We are blessed because we are His children.
Next week, we are going to start going through The Armor of God. Here is the introduction to the verses we will be studying over the next four weeks.
“10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” Ephesians 6:10-13 NIV
An important fact that we must remember is that because we are blessed. We are also in a battle. If you remember from the last post, I stated that one of the reasons we are persecuted is because satan know he can not have us once we are God’s child. Satan and his dominion seek out to destroy us but God has provided Himself as our protection. We are in a battle called spiritual warfare. The Armor of God is what we need to prepare for battle. Our study will not be on spiritual warfare but on the different pieces we are called to wear. I look forward to digging into God’s Word about His armor with you. Have a wonderful week and may God richly bless your walk in Him.
In His Love, Crisi