Welcome to the Christmas edition of tasty Tuesday. I will be sharing dessert recipes that my family begs to be served through the holiday season. Christmas is about traditions and baking for my family is one tradition I love.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) butterscotch chips
Preheat oven to 375°. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes
These sound delicious! My mom used to buy cookies from a local bakery that had butterscotch in them. I’ll be visiting her this weekend…perhaps I’ll make some of these for her. 🙂
I hope she enjoys them as much as my family does. Have a blessed and Happy New Year!