Who is Getting The Glory?
We all have ambitions and dreams, that have or have not come to past. We have made some bad choices in our life and we have made some good choices. But who is getting the glory because of the results of those choices? Over the years, I have made what seems like a ton of choices for my life. Sadly, I have not always given the glory to God especially when those choices have turned out to be bad choices. Through the redeeming grace of God, I can look back at the results of those choices and give the glory to whom deserves the glory, GOD!!!
” And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 NIV
As in my past, I can see now what I could not see then. The choice to join the military was not a choice with good results at the time. However, the long-term results is what God has turned into good. If I dare to dream, the results from that choice may even be greater than I could ever imagine.
One of the Choices that Changed My Course in Life
When I made the choice to join the Air Force, it was a choice that was not prayed over by me. As a matter of fact, it was a choice that I jumped head first into the murky waters of a world unknown. The choice was made out of emotion, an act of “rebellion” if that’s the right word I want to use. I did not make this choice out of bravery, patriotism or even by consulting the One who created me. I made the choice with big plans for my future, to get an education to better myself, to escape my family and if really truthful to escape God. So when physical problems arose during Basic, I should not have been bewildered. Instead I did what most did, I pushed through, fight to hold onto this unclaimed freedom. Only to be treated, evaluated, advised and then discharged. For all the reasons I used to choose to join, where all the wrong reasons. God’s grace and mercy was poured over me anyways, despite of myself and my reasons. He knew what the future would be. He didn’t want me to take that course, for He had bigger plans for my life. Has He used it for the good? Defiantly!!
What I Can See Through It All
A few of the things that I can see now, that I did not know then or could even begin to see.
- Our nation was not in a time of war or even known to the general public(who did not pay attention to the news, yeah that’s me) terrorist. So the thought of having to defend my country never crossed my mind. Within my would have been tour time, our country did however entered the Gulf War. My job would have placed me near the front line of that war, though I am grateful and thankful for all the men and women who defend our country and freedoms. I know I was not prepared for that kind of service and God knew that too.
- I did not “escape” God. He was with me every step of the way. In all reality, up to that point in my life, That was when I was closest to God. Don’t get me wrong, my relationship with Him was still in need of a lot of growth. I was closest to Him through His Word alone.
- He allowed the hurt in my return with my family, to restore our relationship in years later. Yes, it was the beginning of a downward spiral. But years later, there was restoration in our relationship that was stronger than it had ever been.
- The job that I would have been trained for and would have performed would not have come about in my civilian life the way I thought it would have. The skills that I did learn while serving have added to my character and work ethics that I hold onto today.
- Upon my return, I met and fell in love with the man whom I am married to. The sequence of events upon my return lead me into his path. I was blessed with an instant family upon our marriage and we have been blessed to have our son. A person whom God had used to fully restore the not completely restored relationship with my family.
Who gets the glory? God does. There is no way I could ever in my limited human mind orchestrate something good and beautiful like God did out of this one bad choice.
What about you? Has a bad choice in your life been turned into something good and beautiful? Then praise the Lord for all that He has done and give Him the glory that He rightly deserves.
In His Love, Crisi