GROW God’s Grace Pt. 2
8″ For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV
- Grace – Has to come first, it was by His grace (Abounding Love) that Jesus paid our wages for sin. Unmerited and Undeserved.
- Saved – A sinner = worthy of death and unworthy for the Kingdom of God, who has been transformed into a redeemed sinner = bought in full, now worthy of God’s Kingdom
- Faith – Believing in God and His redemption for us
- Gift – Unearned and Undeserved gift of Salvation.
- Works – Is listed last, I believe for two reasons. First, it goes back to the pride thing, pride cannot get in the way of what God alone has done that would degrade His power. Second, verse 10 continues to tells us, we are His workmanship and that we are to walk in accordance to which we are ordained. I hope I didn’t loss you there. After we become saved, God has pre ordered spiritual gift specifically for us. We are to use those gifts to serve God ( our works). In our works again, we can not boast only God should get the glory.
How Do We Make The Connection
God did all the work in His power alone! There is nothing absolutely nothing we can do to save ourselves! Amen and Thank you Jesus for your Amazing Saving Grace!!!
In His Love, Crisi